100% Free RSS/Atom News Reader for Windows
The Wizz RSS News Reader C#, is a RSS (Really Simple Syndication) and Atom news aggregator. It is a Dot Net application written using C# and is absolutely 100% free of charge. Wizz RSS does NOT contain ANY spyware or adware.
For those who aren’t familiar with RSS, Atom and Podcasting, the following links might help to clarify the situation: –
- What is RSS? by Mark Pilgrim
- Introducing RSS by Rose Vines
- What is Podcasting?
- What is Atom?
The C# version of Wizz RSS works with Atom 0.3, Atom 1.0 and with all versions of RSS. It has been fully tested on Windows XP and is should work on Windows Vista, but it hasn’t been tested on Vista. To work, the C# version of Wizz RSS needs the Dot Net Framework version 2.0. It also need Internet Explorer version 7 or 8.
- Handles all versions of RSS
- Handles all versions of Atom
- Integrates with msfeeds.dll, so feeds can be updated even when the application isn’t running
- Easy adding of feeds using drag and drop
- Optionally read all feeds in a folder with a single click
- Hide or show read items
- Hide or display the feed/folder tree with a single click
- Filter items (Optionally hide highlight or hide filtered items)
- Unread item count by feed, folder and total
- Each feed opens on a different tab
- Each feed remembers its own tab settings. i.e. Column widths, splitter heights, sort order, item filter, etc.
- Feeds will automatically display a column for each standard RSS/Atom XML tag
- Feed items can be sorted on any of the displayed columns with a single click
- Optionally open item links on a new tab
- Integrated rudimentary weather information
- Has all of the usual feed reader ability to mark feeds as read/unread
- Feed search functionality that only finds feeds with the correct mime type
- Each embedded instance of Internet Explorer behaves almost like a standalone browser
- Pretty comprehensive Podcast handling
- Ability to save an enclosure
- Ability to play a single enclosure or all enclosures using the default handler. i.e. In the case of mp3 enclosures, a single or all enclosures can be played through your default mp3 handler
- Ability to share feeds and/or feed items via email (SMTP authentication is supported)
- Export or import feed list as OPML
- Online feed storage for easy access to you feed list from other PCs
- Publish your feeds on any Web page
- And lots more!